2015 will be our 8th year! Pencil in Sunday, June 28th as we are finalizing that date with the neighborhood.
We've raised over $198,000 for Smile Train since we started in 2008. Join us for a beginner friendly (i.e. short pool swim) race that provides a fast bike route (i.e mostly flat), and a neighborhood supported run course.
In the News - The Smile Train Triathlon made the news in 2013! Watch the video here!
Turning Miles into Smiles is a local fundraising program, created by Rebecca Warriner, to raise money for charities that use the funds to make an immediate difference in a child's life, such as The Smile Train. Since 2008, Turning Miles into Smiles has raised funds for Smile Train and the local Wake Forest area Backpack Buddies.
THE RACE STARTS AT 8:00 am
The swim will take place in the Heritage Swim Club lap pool located adjacent to the Sales Center. The transition area will be in the larger parking lot a very short distance from the pool entry. The bike course is a technical course that will present some nice flats, a few small climbs, and excited spectators. To finish the race, athletes will enjoy a 5k (3.1 mile) run through the neighborhoods in the northern most parts of Heritage Wake Forest. There will be a water station at the mid-point of the run. The race will finish up near the transition area. Post race snacks and water will be available at the finish line.
The race course revolves around a transition area next to the Heritage Sales Center & Swim Club. The same transition area will be used for all phases. The transition area will open at 6:00 am; ALL bikes need to be placed in position before the transition area closes at 7:45am.
All participants must submit a 100 meter swim time for seeding purposes.
Being a pool swim with a staggered start, participants are seeded from fastest to slowest. If you know any previous swim time from a practice, race, etc., we have supplied a distance calculator next to your estimated swim time. By seeding yourself properly, you'll end up swimming near people who swim the same pace as you. This will reduce the number of people who you will need to pass or the number of people who will be passing you.
2009 Overall Females
2009 Overall Males
2010 Overall Males
2010 Overall Females
2011 Overall Males
2011 Overall Females
Smile Train Sprint Triathlon Pricing:
The last day to register online for the Smile Train Sprint Triathlon is Tuesday, June 17, 2014. On-site registration may be available if this event is not full, but your best bet is to register online.
A fee for USAT race day insurance will be added if you are not a USAT member ($12.00 for adults, $10.00 for ages 17 and under).
Race Day Information
We will not be providing race maps or info sheets at packet pickup. Please print this info out if you need detailed race info!
Race Day Info Sheets
Participant Meeting - Saturday - June 21st - 6pm at Heritage Swim Club, Race Director Q&A and site walk through - NO PACKET PICKUP AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME!
- Race t-shirt
- Swim cap, if needed
- Race bag goodies/sponsor contributions
- Post Race Food: fresh bread, fruit, cookies, Coca Cola, water
Athletes may register as male or female AGE GROUP:
- 13 & Under
- Athena - Females over 165 lbs.
- Clydesdale - Males over 220 lbs.
- Master Clydesdale - Males over 220 lbs. and age 40 and above.
- Relays - Athletes can register as a 2 or 3 person relay team for the triathlon. 2 person relay teams - one person will do two events and one person will do one event. 3 person relay teams - each person will do one event; the swim, bike or run.
VERY IMPORTANT: you must ask for the "FS Series Triathlon" rates
- Hampton Inn/Town of Wake Forest, 919-554-0222, Room Rate: $89 plus tax king/doubles
- You must book rooms 2 weeks in advance
Register as a volunteer through our link on HERE. We will contact all volunteers 2-3 weeks before race day with details about your assigned position.
Smile Train Photos from Carolina Sports Photography
Refund, Transfer and Weather Policy
There are no refunds for this race since we donate 100% of your registration fee to Smile Train. Event entries are not transferable between persons, events or years. By registering for this event you agree to these terms. If you can't race and wish to give up your spot please email Rebecca@milesintosmiles.com
In the event of inclement weather the following procedures will be followed:
- The event will be postponed 45 minutes in hopes the inclement weather will pass.
- If inclement weather does not pass 45 minutes after the scheduled start (8:45am), the event will be changed to a duathlon format.
- If a duathlon is not possible, the event will be cancelled.
Refunds or credits will not be given since all registration fees are donated to our charity.
If a natural or community disaster occurs, our action steps are as follows:
- In concert with local officials, we will make decisions based on safety first.
- Courses and/or race segments will be altered as agreed to between the Race Director, FS Series, and local officials
- Financial: It is not financially feasible for the Race Director to accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each registered participant needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future races. The money you paid is spent developing the subject event.
- The Race Director does not save any money if the event has to be canceled for reasons beyond our control. All supplies and services needed for the events are purchased and/or arranged in advance. All event supplies and services associated with that event must be paid for, regardless of the outcome.